|PECHORIN'S home account archive eshop globalmediapro|
code c-31:23 sony ccd trv16Manuel A. Saavedra Posted Jun 09, 2005
I couldn't belive it
I read on this forum about someone that slaped the cam arround because of a similar code. AND DAMN IT $%&@* WORKED THANK YOU
55 comments, pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Thanks-- guys Realy the soultion worked - just some slaps on all the sides of the handicam and some hard shaking helped to resolve. can't belive. Realy it worked. Thanks every one.
It really works!!! i have the dcr-trv11e and was getting c:31:30 and I had nothing to loose so i just hit it and it works now, f*cking great!!! :D:D
Slapping a TVR138 a few times...fixed the C31:23......!
I had tried the solution of beat the cam, eject the tape ane re-enter and surprisingly it worked!!!!! Thanks a lot to everyone!!!
I also thought this was a crazy idea. But, what did I have to lose? The camera was already not working. It's my Dad's and he's not quite at the digital age. Well....it works!
That was a cool posting you put on dude - My Sony Digital 8 Handycam showed error code C:31:23 and sometimes C:31:21. It struggled to eject tapes and looked set for binning. Having read other forum suggestions I thought I would either have to pay loads to some fixer who might take my money & not fix it or I'd have to take the think to bits myself. After reading your suggestion I held the cam-corder in my hand and slapped it with reasonable force on its top, bottom & both sides. To my amazement it started working straight away. I ran a cleaning tape through it afterwards - I've no idea if this helped it stay fixed but thats how it was for me - total success drawn from the depths of depression. cheers
Thank You!! I beat the hell out of mine... sprayed some duster in it & IT WORKED!!!
guys - i've had the same problem with this error code, so I googled and found your "solution". As I didn't have anything to lose, I started slapping the thing a couple of times, and found out - it didn't help nor worked again. after fiddling a bit around, trying all sorts of dropping heights, slapping rhythms i did the following: first I slapped it a couple of times (don't know though if that really helped in the end) then I removed the battery and re-inserted it after that I tried and it still didn't work So I slapped it again, took the battery out and inserted it again at that time I had my tape out, so I shoved it back in, and let it slip into the camera again - AND NOW HERE'S WHAT HELPED - I didn't close the lid, but held the camera sideways, turned the playback mode on and LOOK-AT-THAT at least the stupid error message didn't show!!! but after replaying the tape for a second or two, it came back :(... so I started over again, but instead of playing the tape I spent a couple of decent minutes to rewind and fast-forward it. then I played the tape that was in it, and it kept running for a period of time. So I thought I'd give it a try and started it in record mode - and now the little fella works like a charm - so for all of you, who couldn't fix it with the brute force method only, try the above. Can't guarantee that it does work or that anything I did really helped, but my cam is back to life again. just wanted to share this! Thanks anyway for leading me in the right direction all!! cheerio!!!
it does NOT work\!!!! in fact..it gives even MORE problems now!!!!